1. Because it’s the weekend and you can eat whatever you want and not get fat.
2. Because crumb cake works equally well as breakfast, as an afternoon snack, a post-dinner dessert or a late night treat.
3. You have four sticks of butter in your refrigerator and you don’t know what to do with them.
4. Like me, you grew up eating Entenmann’s crumb cake in the morning with your dad before school, so it brings back happy memories.
5. You don’t have enough crumbs scattered around your kitchen.
6. You love the smell of cinnamon, butter and sugar together, especially when it emanates from your oven, making your whole apartment smell like Crumb Cake Heaven.
7. You’re starting a Crumb Cake Cleanse.
8. Your grandmother moved in with you and you need something to feed her in the middle of the night when she’s having a “Golden Girls” moment and you’re all out of cheesecake.
9. You like foods with a silent “B” at the end of them like “Lamb” or “Bombe” though there’s an “e” at the end of “Bombe” so that doesn’t count.
10. You love yourself and want to experience a fleeting moment of happiness in this godforsaken world. Use this recipe. There’s sour cream in it. Have a crumby weekend!