For those of you with iTunes you can now download the official Amateur Gourmet iMix. (Clicking should load up the mix in your iTunes player).
For those of you without iTunes, allow me to share the tracklist. I have assembled 15 songs, all of which I love, some of which concern food. Here they are:
1. Domingo No Parque by Gilberto Gil. Don’t ask me how I discovered this song, or why I listen to it fifteen times a day. I just love it. It’s a great picker upper–or amuse bouche, if you will.
2. All U Can Eat by Ben Folds. Going for the obvious, but still this is a perfect anthem for our “Food and Entitlement” series and just an all around great song. As a piano player, Ben is totally one of my heros.
3. What Went Wrong (In Your Head) by Supergrass. Here we have an anthem for first-time readers.
4. Happy To Keep His Dinner Warm. Another forced food song (and a show tune) but this one sung by Will and Grace’s own Karen, Megan Mullaly. For those not in the know, she used to be a big Broadway star and she has a terrific voice.
5. The Call of the Wild by David Byrne. “Rei Momo” is now in my pantheon of favorite albums. I bought it on a whim and I have listened to it 8000 times. I love it.
6. Soap Star Joe by Liz Phair. “He’s just a hero in a long line of heros…” Describes me perfectly.
7. Election Day by Lyle Lovett. This song has no relevance except I just discovered it and think it rocks. It has a great groove and Lyle Lovett is one of my favorites.
8. (There’s) Always Something There To Remind Me performed by All Saints.
Actually, I think we’ll skip the little commentary and just finish up the track listing…
9. Rockin’ the Suburbs by Ben Folds.
10. The Internet is for Porn from Avenue Q.
11. The Scientist by Coldplay.
12. Marching Through the Wilderness by David Byrne.
13. Baby It’s You/A Message to Michael performed by Chrissie Hynde.
14. English Girls Approximately by Ryan Adams.
15. Shiver Me Timbers by Tom Waits.