Hello! It's time for Pim's extraordinary fundraiser, Menu For Hope III, where we raise money for the UN Food Programme. In a moment, I'll do the East Coast round-up of all that the East Coast blogs have to offer. But first, I need to do MY prize post---and here it is. So here are my prizes!
UE14: New York In A Box
I, The Amateur Gourmet, will collect for you the finest that New York has to offer: cheese from Murray's cheese, a chocolate chip cookie from the Levain bakery, an onion bialy from Kossar's, salami from Katz's, smoked fish from Russ & Daughter's, teas and dried goods from Chinatown, and much much more. Not only that, but I will document the creation of this box in a video on my site that will show you all that went into it. It will be shipped overnight and when you get it, your account of getting it and eating it (with pictures, hopefully) will be prominently posted. A perfect prize for anyone who wishes to taste all the foods I write about but who doesn't live anywhere close to New York City!
This prize is limited to non-New Yorkers only.
UE15: An Amateur Gourmet Lunch At Work
For those that work in New York City, I, The Amateur Gourmet, will cook for you a gourmet lunch that I will document on my site. Then I will deliver this lunch to you at work, to the delight of all your friends and co-workers. The delivery of this food will also be heavily documented and posted on my site in comic book format, creating an online souvenir of a heavenly meal that you will never forget!
Limited to those who work in NYC only.
All right, those are my prizes! Here's how to bid for them (instructions lifted from Chez Pim):
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope.
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII and make a donation.
3. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code—for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 for EU02. (Please use the double-digits, not EU1, but EU01.)
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 for the results of the raffle.